Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks DHUFFJR: Chicken results

Eager Egger
Eager Egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dhuffjr: Thanks for the help yesterday with my question on cooking chicken breasts. They turned out perfectly and using the "Shakin The Tree" rub from Dizzy Pig really gave them an outstanding flavor. Such a simple approach and a tremendous result. Very moist and tender.
Mike

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    EagerEgger,
    That is one of my favorite rubs. It goes great on a lot of things. I've even cooked pork butts with it.[p]Chicken like pork is best when it is just done, overcooking is what makes it tough.[p]Glad your dinner turned out great.[p]H

• dhuffjr, I think the 350 temp was right on and I did one side for 7 minutes, turned them over and did the other aide about the same time until my thermometer was just about 170. Direct gave some nice sear marks without drying them out. Have been trying to keep a 3 ring binder with recipes from the group that were sucessful. I have added this one.