Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Smoking Fish Question

KenKen Posts: 24
edited 11:53PM in EggHead Forum
I would like to try smoking some trout or salmon. Can someone suggest cooking temperature and approximate times?
Thanks.

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    trout5.jpg
    <p />Ken,
    I keep mine simple. Butter, salt, pepper and lemon slices. Use a little alder wood for smoke. About 300-350 direct.[p]Mike

• egretegret Posts: 4,064
    OK Mikey,
    It's time for a new picture! It was fine the first 300 times I saw it. Heeeeee!!

• MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    Ken,[p]If you are trying to truly "smoke" the salmon I would suggest 225-250 on a raised grid for about 2-3 hours depending on the thickness of the fish.[p]I smoked one last week smothered in jalapeno rub with sliced jalapeno's on top.[p]Off the chart. Not too hot either. Everyone loved it.[p]Mick

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    vdburger3.jpg
    <p />egret,
    Look grape boy. I haven't gotten any more trout since then. LOL
    Mike