Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoking Fish Question

KenKen Posts: 24
edited 11:24PM in EggHead Forum
I would like to try smoking some trout or salmon. Can someone suggest cooking temperature and approximate times?
Thanks.

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    trout5.jpg
    <p />Ken,
    I keep mine simple. Butter, salt, pepper and lemon slices. Use a little alder wood for smoke. About 300-350 direct.[p]Mike

• egretegret Posts: 4,035
    OK Mikey,
    It's time for a new picture! It was fine the first 300 times I saw it. Heeeeee!!

• MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    Ken,[p]If you are trying to truly "smoke" the salmon I would suggest 225-250 on a raised grid for about 2-3 hours depending on the thickness of the fish.[p]I smoked one last week smothered in jalapeno rub with sliced jalapeno's on top.[p]Off the chart. Not too hot either. Everyone loved it.[p]Mick

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    vdburger3.jpg
    <p />egret,
    Look grape boy. I haven't gotten any more trout since then. LOL
    Mike