Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

fajita meat marinade recipes needed for steak and chicken

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
my office is doing a habitat for humanity thing this thursday and i'm bringing the eggs and cooking for 30. .. .gonna do chicken and steak fajitas. .. .but i need some good marinade recipes for both the steaks and the chicken. .. . [p]thanks[p]max

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I use EVOO, lime juice, minced garlic, minced onion, fine chopped cilantro, and kosher salt. If you want a bit of kick finely dice a whole jalapeno and toss it in for good measure.[p]No real measurements, just pinches and splashes if you know what I mean. I cover the meat in a plastic bag and work it in really well then let it refrigerate (couple hours for chicken, overnight for beef).[p]I have found that the more lime juice I use the better the steak turns out - it does a little ceviche magic and tenderizes as it marinates.
  • Fidel,[p]Here is the one I use. [p]1/2 cup olive oil
    1/3 cup wooster sauce
    4 scallions, sliced
    2 large cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 cup lime juice
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    2 tbsp dark brown sugar
    2 flank steaks, approximately 1.5 pounds each [p] [p]Preparation Instructions: [p]
    Combine all ingredients except the flank steak in a bowl, making sure that the sugar completely dissolves. Pour the marinade into a heavy duty zip top bag, add the meat and close the bag, removing as much air as you can. Turn the bag over several times to make sure the meat is completely covered with marinade. Marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator, up to four hours if possible. [p]Enjoy

• Poolman
    Poolman Posts: 17
    Options
    mad max,
    Goya Mojo Criollo is an excellent off-the-shelf maranade for fajitas. I have been using it for years, and have yet to make a maranade that even comes close. You can find it at nearly any small latin market and Harris Teeter carries it as well. Good luck![p]Poolman

~~~~~~~

Poolman

• Rick G
    Rick G Posts: 185
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I use this one... I got it from some one on this forum, but cant remember who.[p] use this recipe for up to 4 pounds of flap meat[p]1 lime juiced
    1 lemon juiced
    1 orange juiced
    2 Tbl chili powder
    1 1/2 tbl dried oregano leaves
    2 Tbl ground cumin
    1 1/2 tsp crushed coriander seeds
    5 or more crushed garlic cloves, course chopped
    1/4 to 1/2 cup soy sauce (1/4 cup if regular, 1/2 cup if lite)
    2 or more sliced jalapeno chilis
    1 medium onion sliced thin[p]combine all ingredients in a 1 gallon zip top bag. close and mix well. Add meat and marinate up to 24 hours turning and massaging often.[p]This stuff is AWESOME!!!!!![p]

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Get a bottle of the Mojo for the chicken, not too bad and a little different twist.

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Squeeze,
    Did you ever talk to Tony in case I can get your order?
    Mike