Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bobless Chicken Breasts Recipe

Options
Eager Egger
Eager Egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife, AKA Hereggness, wants me to cook some boneless chicken breasts on the BGE this evening. I have been hunting around for a good recipe with little success. Would appreciate some suggestions, including time/temp, direct/indirect etc.[p]Thanks
Mike

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    I just hit em with some rub and grill, direct with a 350ish dome temp. You could cook anywhere between 3 and 4 hundred I think. Check with a digital thermometer so you don't overcook them.[p]I really like DP Shaking the Tree on poultry but I've used all kinds of different rubs. Just use one you like.[p]H

• Eager Egger
    Options
    dhuffjr, I have some of the DP Shakin The Tree" and will give it a try. Thanks for the temp and yes direct makes the most sense. What temp to pull them? 170 degrees?
    Mike[p]

• FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    You should try marinating in a teryaki type sauce for an hour or two, then direct at about 400º on a raised grid for about 8-9 min per side. Can't miss. Don't go over 160º or you'll dry them out.