Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Asparagus on Egg

Options
Ala-Egg
Ala-Egg Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Eggsperts,
What temp do I cook asparagus at and how long?
Thank you all,

Comments

• Don from NJ
    Options
    Ala-Egg,[p]I usually peel mine with a peeler and put some olive oil, salt/pepper on them and cook @ 350 or so until done. Sometime i use some DP Shaking the Tree seasonings as well. Not sure how long, but until they are soft/limp a few minutes. A seafood grate, wok or something like that will make it easier, or, put on the main grid and try to make sure they don't become lump.. My wife will only eat them this way..
  • Ala-Egg
    Ala-Egg Posts: 20
    Options
    Don from NJ,
    Thank you so much for the help and fast response!!

• Don from NJ
    Options
    Ala-Egg,[p]no problem, I wouldn't worry about the temps that much really, if you are cooking something else, just put them on during the last few minutes or so, or during the cool down on the grill, just don't cook them @ 500 or anything and you will be fine.. Enjoy!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    IMG_0220.jpg
    <p />Ala-Egg,
    I merely wash and then snap mine - then using two round toothpicks make these rafts. Rub or spray on some EVOO and hit with a favorite rub. Since I serve these with whatever I'm cooking for a meat entree I just wait and put the rafts on so there's about 8 to 10 minutes left when temp is say around 350. Sometimes if the cooking temp is lower and I don't want much hassle I'll just lay the rafts on the meat. It will take longer that way but that works too.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Pdub
    Pdub Posts: 234
    Options
    Ala-Egg,
    I have had the best luck with mine after a good night of cooking with good wide set of coals and dome at 250. I usually like to soak mine in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Pdub

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Options
    Ala-Egg,
    pretty hard to mess them up. olive oil sea salt pepper squeeze of lemon. i put them on while the meat is resting. i cook the thin ones at a higher temp to get some char before they get too limp. somewhere in todays forum are pics of proscuito wrapped asparagus. looks amazing and i will try it next week. my sons won't eat boiled anymore.

• Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    RRP, I like the raft idea!