Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

vertical roaster brand needed

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can you please recommend a good vertical roaster, one that will hold liquid or at least the can of beer.
Thnks,
New Bob

Comments

• Citizen Q
    Options
    New Bob,
    Head down to any chain kitchen store, it's just a wire horn basically and will fit right over the beer can. Lechter's, Williams Sonoma, or Kitchens Etc, I dunno what is in your area, but it should be easy enough to find. I've seen them in Walmart and K-mart too, but it depends on the store and how well-stocked the kitchen dept is. There's also ceramic ones that you can fill with liquid, I've only seen them in online catalogs though, not so common on the shelf. The turkey rack is the only one that you need, it holds chickens or ducks nicely so you don't need the chicken size.

• Citizen Q,
    Thanks, I will have to get out and look. Don't go shopping much and was not sure where to look. I also did not realize the wire ones went over the can, the pictures I saw on the web only showed the roaster but not how you use it.
    New Bob

• New Bob, Willie's Turkey Sitter is ceramic and is a great toy to have. Whether or not you could get it shipped to you before T-Day I don't know. I don't have the site handy here but can post that tonight if you say yes, unless somebody else does first.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    kat,
    Thank you, now that i have a name i was able to find them by doing a google search. I can also call around to see if anyone carries them.
    Have a great weekend,
    New Bob

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    New Bobq,
    There's one that folds up; the wire supports come free from the pan. I got mine at Lechter's and it was on some kind of closeout sale for $2.99. Can't ask for better than that! The other kind I have is a Spanek brand, and I'm pretty sure I got it at T. J. Maxx. It doesn't fold up. By the way, neither of my poultry sitters fits over a beer can, but smaller cans will fit. I have saved little cans from tomato paste and pineapple juice set aside for Beer Butt Birds. Fill the small can with your favorite brew, and drink the leftover. Yes, indeed.
    Cheers,
    G.