Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

:Brisket finished @ 9:00 A.M. Cookout is at 7: 00 P.M.

Options
Zilm-disabled
Zilm-disabled Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Put my two Butts and Brisket on last night at 10:00 P.M. thought the Brisket would be finished the next morning (Today) at 6:00 but I over slept. It was pretty limp at that point so I wrapped it in three layers of foil, towel and a blanket. Threw it in the cooler and removed the butts to the oven since they were no where near being done.[p]Will my brisket hold in the cooler until 7:00 this evening? Thought about slicing it and throwing it in a crock pot with some BBQ Sauce. Will that work? It may be over done but am not sure.[p]8 slabs of ribs smoking now.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Zilm,[p]First question is why did you pull the butts and move them to the oven? I guess so you could get the ribs going.[p]The brisket will not hold in the cooler for 10+ hours. I would go with the crock pot idea to best hold it Either use some beef stock or BBQ sauce. The sauce may burn a bit in the crock for so many hours. You can hold it in the cooler scenario for 5-6 hours, then crock pot it for good results.[p]
  • dblR
    dblR Posts: 75
    Options
    Zilm,[p]What internal temp was your brisket? That is the major question? Most pull off 190 to 200. I would slice some now and see what you think. If you put in crock pot it will continue to cook some. I might wait until later and then put in crockpot to warmup and serve with sauce on side and put a lttle sauce in pot. Alot of people seperate the point and chunk it and put back on for 2-3 hours in open foil or heat proof bowl or dish and make burnt ends and serve as sandwiches on buns.[p]If you think you have over cooked the flatput in frige til later and heat up slowly in micro in plastic bag to save as much moisture as poss.[p]As far as butts you did not say what internal* you pulled. They were probably in the plateau where all of the magic happens. The longer they stay in the plateau the better. I have made them stay for as long as 8 hours. If you want to hurry up things wrap in foil @ 165* and put back on and pull at 190*-200*. You can raise temp after they come out of the plateau. Some judge if they shake like jello it is time. You can them put in cooler w/towels for up to 4 hours and then pull. That way way you can show off your butts to your guests!! LOL[p]Yours in smoke, [p]dblR