Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday Lunch... Pork two ways ;)

Pace Yourself
Pace Yourself Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang,[p]I found myself with a little time and some great leftovers at lunch time today so I decided to play around with a sandwich. I had just smoked a fatty last night (Bob Evan's Sage with DP Swamp Venom) and had some PP in the fridge from last weekend. (All of the sudden I seem to have PP on hand at all times - I am assuming I am not the only one...)[p]I sliced down a few ounces of the fatty (pretty thin) and sprinkled some DP Dizzy Dust on them. I grabbed a few handfuls of PP and did the same. Then I put them both in a pan on the stove over low heat. For liquid I went with a "contrast in Chipotle" (oh the things we learn from TV....). Basically I had a number of different sauces in the fridge with chipotle in them and decided to mix it up.[p]Once it got warmed up I added a few ounces of shredded motz to bind it together. Another few seconds in the pan and then right to some soft white bread. I then sauced the top piece of bread with the Stubbs (We really like Stubbs at our house - I can't explain it but even my kids agree on it.) put it on the pork and cheese goo and held it down with my hand for about 30 seconds. [p]It tasted great! The different textures of the pork really worked for me and the fatty really added a dimension of taste. Here are the pictures. It doesn't really look pretty (no tomatoes or herbs to add color) but it smelled and tasted great. I can see the menu item now – “A Contrast in Chipotle with Smoked Pork Two Ways ” hehehe[p]Happy Friday Gang![p]

100_1134.jpg[p]
100_1133.jpg[p]
100_1132.jpg[p]

Comments