Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elder Ward "how to" for a brisket

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first butt was a huge success, I followed Elder Wards’ recipe like a cult. Is there one for a brisket? I am thinking about trying one this weekend. After that, there is only pizza left to try. Baby steps… baby steps..
Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Wardster,
    I went by Nature Boys recipe and mine turned out great.
    Larry

[ul][li]Eggfest Brisket[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Wardster,
    EW posted something a couple of years ago that I believe was lost with the older archives. He did not post in the recipe section...just on the forum. His particular method was geared toward a faster cook. I tried his method before I posted it, and it works better than I expected. Basically it is a 270 degree cook, with cooking times much shorter than the slower methods. I did mine over a naked pizza stone, and a 7 pounder took 10 hours. It had more bark than the slower versions, and was suprisingly tender and moist. Elder did his tests direct, and had even shorter cook times. It is certainly worth trying if you are short on time. [p]I still like 250 dome as a favorite method, but anything from 225-270 will get you where you need to go. Lots of great rubs and marinades out there. Really hard to go wrong, as the strong BEEFY flavor of the chunk-o-chest is what you really taste. YB (thanks Larry) linked you up to a marinade I like, and a few blabbering instructions for how I cook them.[p]You say you have "only pizza left to try"?? You have aleady done leg-o-lamb, duck, veal chops, calzones, squid, bread, wok stir-fry, butterflied stuffed-under-the-skin chicken, naan, cornish game hens, stuffed beef tenderloin, dutch ovn chili and jerky??[p]Good luck with the brisquet. cheers to you.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • PuppyBreath
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    yes, Wardster have you tried the squid... i think i'm going for it this w/e.
    Pup

• Wardster,i have a paper copy at home and will fax it to you if you email me the details

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    ahhh, no. I guess not. I was thinking more along the lines of the big hitters, if narrowed down, there will always be something left to cook. Thanks again!

Apollo Beach, FL