Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RE: Enough please.

Options
WMK
WMK Posts: 1,747
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not mentioning any names; but, I can, and I will, block *all* posts from anyone insisting on using profane language on this forum. Period. Moreover, the BGE forum is a service, provided coutesy of BGE, for the use of its customers and those interested in Q'n in general. It is *not* a forum for the purpose of political discussion. It is *not* a personal soap box. It is *not* the place for childish diatribes on anything at all -- even Q'n! The truth is fine, on topic -- keep the rest off this forum -- or I will.
WMK.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    WMK,
    Thank You for the watchful eye...sorry this place has to on occasion be a burden to you.[p]Wess

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    WMK,
    Thanks,
    I appreciate your actions. A little fun is one thing but we do not need the kind of vulgarity and insults that has come to a great and mostly friendly forum.
    Sincerely,
    New Bob

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    WMK,[p]If I may, below is a link to the guidelines and rules for the BGE forum.[p]Thank you for all the hard work you do for our benefit.[p]Spin
    [ul][li]BGE forum rules and guidelines[/ul]
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    WMK, THANK YOU,[p]CWM

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    WMK,
    Thanks WMK. This forum is special, as are most all of the folks who grace it with their vast knowledge and comradrey. [p]I hope those who are prone to stir things up can read their posts before hitting the SEND button. Simply ask yourself if your post might create conflict. If so, reword it, or just don't post it. Don't forget email for personal problems. That way you only piss one person off instead of hundreds.[p]For those that argue that you should just "ignore" the flaming and personal attacks....I find this difficult. It makes my heart jump when I see someone lashing out here, and it definitely takes away from the great experience that a well-oiled forum provides.[p]I know many folks who have just stopped posting because of the senseless bickering on a cooking forum. We all lose when these folks stay away. Just notice the missing names that are no longer posting. I aint no forum moderator. And not a seasoned forum vet. I don't feel I am above anyone else here, and don't even really feel like I am totally entitled to type this lecture. But there are a few folks can totally change the atmosphere, and make this forum a better place to hang out. So I thought I'd say my part FWIW.[p]Peace. Beers.
    NB[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,
    Well stated,and a cold Heineken to ya.[p]GaryJ

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    WMK,[p]Reflection of those below. I was very high on this forum until it turned a tad. Be cool ya'll. Life is short. Look around.[p]BBQ forum, not a sound off board...[p]Happy T-Day to all.[p]Peace [p]Mick

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    WMK,
    You're doing fine! Your family has done a great job of making this the best cooking forum on the net, and that's why some malcontents want to try to drag it down to the level of other forums that people don't like.
    I agree wholeheartedly with your position on this so keep it up. And, tell your mom, hello for us, it was GREAT meeting her and we hope to see you next time.
    later,
    ChefRD

• char buddy
    Options
    WMK,[p]thank you and keep it up.
  • Big Murth
    Options
    WMK,
    Amen, brother. Appreciate all the good this Forum has provided me, and other Eggverts who've followed me to a great venue and vehicle for Q'ing. This is probably the best aspect of the indirect value one can derive from joining the Egg family, in spite of initially, somewhat high start-up/capital outlays for most folks. Lots of added value from everyone's "eggstructive" posts. There "is" a difference between the Eggheads....and the boneheads.

• WMK, I agree. I love to play, but the bolden display I saw today would be fun and sport to men, but this is a "family" potential forum and I loved the exchange, but it was way to brazen. His name will preclude him in other forums and his info is shared amongst webmasters by now. It is one thing to lose ones tongue when verbally exchanging words in person with another individual(if you got the gonads face to face), but to have to bother with typing that kind of language seems to require a special effort. So it was an intentional attempt at showing ones self imagined I.Q. I applaud the webmaster(s). Lets have fun and pick at each other, but we need to keep the words clean even if the paraphrasing carries intended funny meanings.