Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setter or Grill Extender?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My fellow EggHeads,[p]Im proud to now call myself one of you after acquiring a Large egg two weeks ago. I've had good success,(tricap, bourbon glaze salmon, burgers, & baby bake ribs) and give special thanks to Big Daddy, Spin, & Mr. Tim M, for your support and love of the hobby. [p]My request is this: I have bought a grill extender and 16" pizza stone. Have been looking at a plate setter, but have been told I don't need. What are the pros of having (other uses,etc) and would
it be worth the expense, or am I good with what I currently have? [p]Thanks to all in advance!

Comments

• Dakota Kid, if for no reason other than pizza that's money well spent. Along with your pizza stone it provides a uniform mass. Granted you can use bricks, but the bricks rest directly on the poreclan grid which can get chipped. You can also invert it and that gives a great indirect set up for multiple uses. Get the sitter!

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Dakota Kid,[p]You don't need a plate setter, but it is worth getting. The plate setter is much more versatile than a bunch of fire bricks. It is a valuable tool to the cooking arsenal.[p]Puj[p]
  • Trout Bum
    Options
    Dakota Kid,
    After the EGG, usual accessories and lump, the plate sitter is the next best thing I bought. I use it for all indirect cooks, which is most roasts and ribs. it's also great for pizza along with the pizza stone.
    B D

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Dakota Kid,
    I say get the setter as well. Yes, you can use firebricks, etc but this makes the setup very easy and simple.
    Congrats on your purchase and welcome to our little growing group! As you've probably noticed, ask a question and you'll get lots of answers.

• WudEyeDoo
    Options
    Dakota Kid,
    Welcome to the forum! This is the right place to be to learn quickly what it would probably take years to learn on your own. [p]Get the plate setter. You will use it a lot. [p]Bob