Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Update to Cooking at low temps

disabledDKdisabledDK Posts: 64
edited 10:03AM in EggHead Forum
I never had any fear that I can do burger or steak on my egg, but how about the very slow cooking and not just big chunk of meat for 24hrs
I wanted to meal ready to eat when I get home.
Sat I did a pork roast and potatos and rice so I had 2 sides woked Great did this 3-4 hr[p]Sun did ribs worked good also (dint have fall off the bone yet still OK )[p]Yesterday I wanted to start something noon and eat when I got home
I made a small pan of lazanya,5.5 hrs I thought a little hot 250 temp, but still turned out GREAT [p]There is a hole lot more here than burgers and steak grill[p]Thanks for all your help

·

Comments

• EggtuaryEggtuary Posts: 400
    DK,
    Glad to hear that you're having such a great time! The selfless veterans on here really do make the whole BGE experience.

·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    DK,[p]You are definitely well on your way to great fun and excellent eats. If you are cooking the ribs 225-250 degrees, cook them upright lengthwise for 4-5 hours to get the easily pull free from the bone texture.[p]Spin
    ·