Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

so... a special dinner?

HolySmokes
HolySmokes Posts: 446
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had an occasion to make a very special dinner last night.[p]
started by getting a 4# local wild steelhead (sorry, didn't catch it myself, but fresh), and cut only the best 3 steaks out of it...[p]
then adding 2 - 16ounce prime ribeye 1"+ thick steaks,[p]and doing the egg sear/rest/warm thing...
to perfection...[p]CIMG1205a.JPG[p]which was about as good as I've ever had, in or going out...[p]and then, to top it off, I added[p]CIMG1203a.JPG[p]a 1964 Reserva Barolo... which turned out to be the perfect compliment to prime steaks and very select fish.[p]I have, honestly, never experienced as good a home-cooked meal or enjoyed a 'surf&turf' combination as much as I did this.[p][p]SO.... what the heck makes it worth all that???[p]
how about (drum roll please) my own retirement after 31.5 years at the same company.[p]
:):):)
be well, do good, best luck, ... dang! ...
HolySmokes![p]

Comments