Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chunk-o-chest on 60 Minutes last night

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did anybody else catch 60 Minutes last night about the unpaid volunteers at ground zero included a Texan group who have been BBQ for the workers nearly fom day one. In one scene a guy was shown laying a huge piece of meat onto a cutting board and it had to be a monster brisket. No corned beef or pastrami from them good old boys!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    kat,
    I didn't see 60 Minutes last night but I heard about it. Being from Texas, we're real proud of those folks. I know they are doing it at great cost to themselves and their families, physically, mentally and financially. I'm not sure if they have sponsors or not but I would think any kind of financial support would be appreciated. If nothing else, just to help pay the cost of their occasional return home to see their families. Do you recall the name of the group? Or where in Texas they are from? [p]Spring Chicken
    aka Leroy McMillin
    Spring Texas USA