Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lawrenceburg Fall Fest Winner!

Options
Smoked Signals
Smoked Signals Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After getting trounced at my local contest (Madison Ribberfest) just 2 months ago (48/64) I was ready to give up on competition cooking. Not so anymore... finally after 4 years of BBQ competion I can say I'm a winner. My large BGE and I took first place in Ribs, Pork and Brisket at the Lawrenceburg Indiana Fall Fest ... Needless to say this run led to Grand Champion!!! Since I was cooking by myself ... I do need to thank Smoky River BBQ (reserve grand) for some timely clock help .. my watch stopped 1 hour before turn-in.[p]Swede and Sonya(Fall Fest BBQ committee) put on a great first contest!! The Fall Fest is quite a party with REO Speedwagon and 38 Special headlining a Friday night music lineup that was outstanding to cook by. Saturday afternoon had a local Blues band playing in the competition area ... very cool. I'm sure this contest will be well attended and grow next year.
BTW - This was a FREE contest with $$$ to the winners, TShirts and Trophies. I highly recommend this contest for anyone in the Cincinnati area!
Looking forward to Ribberfest!! See you all there!
Doug
Smoked Signals BBQ

Comments