Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Eye Roast

TomRC
TomRC Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just picked up a 5 lb rib eye roast and want to egg it this afternoon. Any suggestions on the best way? I presume indirect would work best.I have a large setter and a large egg. Thanks for the help. Tom

Comments

• Tomrc,
    if you have enough time, try this.[p]If you don't have the salt, just follow the times and temps w/o the salt-crust.[p]good luck

[ul][li]the chicken's beef[/ul]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    char buddy,
    Since Dr Chicken doesn't post here anymore and was never able to get the amendments made to that recipe he says to add one egg white to the paste and it will make the outer shell far easier to remove. Also you can use kosher salt instead of rock salt. As for my personal experience I use a rule of thumb that for each 2.5# of prime rib I use 1 c of kosher 1/2 T flour 1 t of water. That will make ample amount of paste/crust. Good luck...that is a gooood meal!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TomRC
    char buddy,RRP,
    Thanks, I'll try it tonight and let you know how it turns out-Tom

• TomRC
    char buddy,
    The roast turned out great. One thing though. The meat shrunk during cooking and seperated from the salt. I believe the salt sides are still in the egg. Thanks for the help.