Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Butt Temp when done

Hi guys, I just put my first butt on the BGE and have the temp stable at 225. I'm wondering what temp I should set for my alarm? I plan on leaving it on all night and keep tabs on it wilst throwin back a few.
Thanks,

·

Comments

• wrobswrobs Posts: 109
    The Jimster,
    Set for 195. Pull it and wrap in foil, followed with a towel and place it in acooler for a couple of hours. It will still be plenty hot when you take it out to pull it.
    Good luck![p]Robert

·
  • The Jimster,[p]Do you mean 225° dome temp? I think that would translate to about 200° at the meat. In about 10 hours or so you'll be mighty close to a one to one ratio between the external and internal temperatures. Might take forever to get to 195°. If I understand what they've been telling me correctly, I believe I'd stabelize at around 250°. That would put the temperature at the meat at around 225°. A very legitimate slow cook. Hope that helps
    ·
  • DynaGreaseball,
    Sorry, I ment the meat thermo temp alarm setting.
    Thanks

·
  • Jimster,[p]195° to 200° should be perfect. Throw one back for me too?

·
  • wrobs,
    Will do. Thanks

·