Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Picnic Shoulders, Any problems?

Options
Turkey
Turkey Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My daughters 3rd birthday is tomorrow and we have about a dozen adults from the neighborhood coming over and I could think of nothing better to serbe than some pulled pork sandwiches. I got a little greedy for leftovers and decided to do two 8.5-9lb shoulders. [p]Anyone ever do two at a time and has that increased the cook time? I have a small gap between the shoulders so they are not affectively one big piece of meat. They went on around 6:30PM and need to be done by 4pm sunday. I am aiming for 225°-250° all the way. We are at 225° now.[p]Thanks for any input,[p]Mark

Comments

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Turkey, should be no problem whatsoever. NB has cooked and posted pix of the three he did at one time with no problems. Maybe he will jump in here and help you, (at least give you confidence ;)).
    hth,
    later,
    ChefRD

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    pork2.jpg
    <p />Turkey,
    Two is no problem. I did three 5lb butts a few weeks ago. Time and temp were about the same as when I have done only one of about the same size. I cooked one over two with a grid extender, everything over a drip pan and an inverted plate sitter. Have a great dinner.[p]Chuck

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    pulledpork.jpg
    <p />Mornin' ChefRD,
    I expect Turkey's cook went well. These are 3 eight-pounders, and the cook went off without a hitch.[p]cheers, and a great weekend to you.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Turkey,[p]2 is no problem. Keep an eye of the internal temp. You may want to bump up the dome temp to 250°F during the cook.[p]Have fun.[p]Puj
  • Turkey,
    I did three much like NB's photo two times this weekend. One right behind the other, Mr. Egg was cookin' for about 43 hours.[p]Only, suggestion I have is to be careful to position so the dome thermometer doesn't touch the meat, I set mine so it went between the crack between two cheeks.[p]Turned out well in all 40+ lbs.[p]War Eagle!
    Mike