Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sirloin steak

Options
Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How to prepare and cook a sirloin about l l/2 in. thick on the large BGE as to marinade and temp,etc.
Thanks,[p]Ray Price[p][p]

Comments

• PuppyBreath
    Options
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Babyray, this recipe is too late for tonight or even tomorrow night but Hanker'n2Grill's Teriyaki Steak is a winner for that piece of cow. Here's the recipe on Gfw's site. While you're there look around the rest of Gordon's world!
    http://yyyz.net/bge/R_Teriyaki_steak.asp

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Babyray,
    My Favorite for Sirloin is Hickory Molasses Char Crust. Just lay it on and spray it with Olive Oil. Fire up the Egg to 700 and beyond. Sear for 3 minutes per side and let it dwell for 3 more. That should give you a nice medium rare.[p]Another Favorite is just kosher Salt and Fresh gorund Black Pepper. Cook the same. When the steak comes of the egg, top with some clarified butter or Ghee. I think that you will enjoy it.[p]There is a third option that people have been using and that is to marinade the meat in Olive Oil for a couple of days or overnight. Then Cook.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk

[ul][li]Ghee[/ul]
  • Walter
    Walter Posts: 67
    Options
    Babyray,
    Just my opinion... simple rub of equal parts of kosher salt, black pepper, Montreal Steak seasoning and garlic-salt. Sear at 600-700* for about 3 minutes a side, close up the egg and leave for another 5-8 minutes - depending on whether you like your steak more toward rare (5 min.) or medium (8 min.).
    Walter