Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sausage & Taters

Options
duckegg
duckegg Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
SausagPotatos.jpg
<p />I have cooked this for years ind but this is the first time on the egg. [p]Hot sausage, taters, peppers, onions and pepperacinis in ancient cast iron.

Comments

• ChefDave
    Options
    duckegg, Would you share your recipe? The dish looks delicious.[p]David

• GenesGrill
    Options
    duckegg,
    Looks great! Do have to constantly stir it, or what?

• duckegg
    Options
    Letts-Do-It,
    It's pretty straight foreward. [p]1 pkg.Hot or sweet Italian sausages cut in pieces
    3-4 Potatos cut in half and sliced
    Bell Peppers and onions slicead
    4-5 Peperacinnis ripped into pieces with liquid[p]Proportions are up to your taste

Saute sausages until nicely browned in good sized pan and remove to Paper towel lined bowl to absorb greese.[p]Toss onion & Peppers into same pan and saute until starting to soften, add potatos and stir and flip ocasionaly, make sure potato slices seperate from another. When potatoes get beautiful and a little crispy here and there toss in the sausages and add the Pepperacinis and their liquid. Cook maybe 5 min more till sausage reheats. Plate![p]I used about 350 dome temp and did cover pan occasionally.[p]Good luck![p]

• duckegg
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    Not constantly, but frequently. I kept lid down when not stirring so egg would not get too hot.