Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butts on Extender

Options
Eggmeister-disabled
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking some butts on my new grill extender this weekend. Will the butt(s) on the top of the grill extender get done first? Before the two butts on the regular grid below?
Thanks

Comments

• wrobs
    wrobs Posts: 109
    Options
    Eggmeister,
    Whenever I cook butts I usually do 4 at a time. I have found that the two on the upper rack will get down sooner by maybe an hour or so. I will put my polder in one of the top ones for this same reason. Let us know if you find the same thing.
    Good luck.[p]Robert

• mariosfirstbutts-004.jpg
    <p />Eggmeister,
    these did by almost an hour.

• Braddog
    Braddog Posts: 212
    Options
    Eggmeister,[p]Just make sure that the probe on your dome thermometer clears the butts and doesn't touch them.[p]Learned that one that hard way. Put butts on the extender and couldn't figure out why it was taking so long to get up to temp and went so far as to open my vents to get it going. When the lightbulb finally went off in my head, I got to experience my first flashback.[p]The good news is, hair grows back amazingly fast! 8>)[p]Cheers,
    Braddog