Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trying fish "again"

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
O.K.,
I'm smoking some salmon this morning. Trying to do it low and slow, I'm determined to get this fish thing down yet. Wish me luck, I'll need it. (in the meantime maybe Nature Boy will eat some fish for me.) *grin*
Happy Egg-n
New Bob

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    New Bob,
    Yep. I'll eat some fish for ya. You will love it once you get ahold of some really fresh fish. Most of the stuff they have packaged at the grocery stores is past fresh. Buy it at the counter, and ask them if you can smell it. Lots of people ask, and they will gladly let you whif if they know it is fresh! [p]Good luck on the salmon. If you get a chance, do Gretl's recipe exactly as she describes, and you will forever love salmon.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Options
    Hi Nature Boy,
    Thanks for the tip, when I get the chance I will put my sniffer to it. I also want to thank you for your support. I have a small piece of salmon on Mr. Large and it's holding at about 180° dome. I'm just going to let it go and see what happens and how I like it.
    Happy Egg-n

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Doing a nice salmon filet tonight myself..ala Gretl..this will be my fourth time..can you believe that..LOL
    The times they are a changin...[p]Wess

• Bordello
    Options
    WessB,
    Sounds like you have the cook down just the way you like it, congratulations. My salmon is still smoking away at 190°, been on Mr. Large for about 2 hours now, nice golden brown color. I will wait for the final results. Hope you enjoy your cook.
    New Bob

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I am doing your Vietnature Country Ris tonight.I found the lemongrass,fish sauce,oyster sauce and sesame oil at the Fresh Market.I have them marinating in the SaverMate square canister I bought from Tilia,it sure does smell good.
    Larry

• Nature Boy
    Options
    YB,
    Great! Let me know how it turns out. Always good to get feeback. Enjoy.[p]I am about to put some simple rubbed chicken dumsticks on for dinner. As Gfw says....life is good.[p]Beers
    Nb

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Man-o-Man...I had my father-in-law over for dinner tonight...Your country ribs was a hit...The flavor was Great...I will be doing these a lot...Thanks.
    Larry

• Nature Boy
    Options
    YB,
    Man that is good news. Really glad you enjoyed them.
    Thanks for the report! Especially that one. :*)[p]cheers!

DizzyPigBBQ.com