Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I did it ; I did it : I did it......

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did what you ask???
Just cooked the BEST brined turkey breast of my life on my new bge!!
I can't belive the incredible flavor.I owe part of this successful to this forums tips,hints,and tricks, and the other part to the BGE.
If any one in egg land has'nt tried the brining thing you don't know what your missing!!!
Im going to go eat some more turkey! YUMMY YUMMY
GaryJ

Comments

• PuppyBreath
    Options
    GaryJ, I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE how GOOOD food tastes off of the egg...
    i feel like the Pide Piper around here...
    stoke the coals and the music starts...
    i'm going to BGE through these hard times and luv up my friends with wonderful, infra red, yummers!!![p]Puppy

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    GaryJ, Next try it on pork chops and pork loins, works wonders there also. Congrats...Painter
  • Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    PuppyBreath,, have you tryed an indirect tenderloin covered with your favorite rub yet?[p]wait till you get a load of that![p]mop

• GaryJ, do a couple of young fryers like that. Brine for 24 hrs., rinse well, rinse well again, pat dry and let uncovered for a day if you can. Then rub with olive oil with your hands as you run your hands under the skin pulling it away from the meat as far as you can. Then season under and above the skin and let it sit for a few house if you can. Then cook at about 300-350 until the internal of the thigh meat reaches 200. Don't test the temp for nearly 4 hours. Chicken skin should look very tasty when the thigh reaches 200. Meat will be tender and moist. Almost impossible to overcook brined birds. They just get more tender and juicy.
  • I should have said let stand uncovered in refrigerator for a day. Refrigeration is a must. I even add ice to my brine water after I mix the salt to create the 1 gal. water per cup of kosher salt. That way the birds go into salty ice water and does not compromise the birds freshness.