Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I've decided that holding my butt in a cooler is a required step

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had my egg for a few years, and done many a pulled pork butt. Saw a tip a while back about holding the cooked butt whole, wrapped in foil and in a cooler if the intention is not to eat it immediately.[p]Well, the last two times I've done a butt I've done this step, and it makes a HUGE difference, imo. Yesterday, I even held the butt in the cooler in foil and a towel for about five or six hours before removing, pulling and serving. The meat was still very hot, so no foot safety concern for me, but the meat seems to gain a much improved texture after holding it for so long.[p]The only thing I have found to be lost is that the crispy bark layer becomes steamed, or perhaps it is just exposed to the meat juices as they redistribute. Doesn't bother me any at all.[p]Seriously, from now on I am always going to hold that butt for a while in a cooler after egging. It is so much better...

Comments