Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

PING Whack - bbq chicken pizza question

Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited 7:13PM in EggHead Forum
Hi, I'm wondering how you cooked your chicken for the bbq pizza. Also how you make the sauce and what else you put on. I have some leftover chicken pieces from fondue earlier in the week and was planning to do bbq chicken pizza tonight.[p]Thanks,
Gwen, still recovering in Seattle

·

Comments

• Dimple's Mom,
    Hi Gwen i have missed your post the last few days hope all is well. I started to put out a sos this morning to see if you was ok. Good to see your back.
    DB

·
  • dbishop,
    Did you cook your scampi on a sizzling platter? I assuming you put the shrimp together and didn't buy it that way. I mean all nice and trayed up. Looked great. Didn't know if you read further down, so I posted here.[p]Mike

·
  • Dimple's Mom,[p]Here's a foolproof recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza toppings.[p]Sliced red onion;
    Smoked Gouda Cheese-- I use one small supermarket package, usually a 3 1/2 to 4 inch wheel about an inch thick, remove brown "skin" before grating;
    Mozzarella Cheese -- in equal proportion to gouda
    KC Masterpiece Original BBQ sauce -- I spread this pretty generously on the dough before adding onions, chicken and grated cheeses.[p]Enjoy.[p][p]

·
  • Car Wash Mike,
    Thanks, I did cook it in a steak sizzling platter, we have had them laying around for years and never used them. Now they have a purpose. We had the shrimp leftover from a shrimp boil they were great ex. large South Carolina shrimp mmmmmmmm
    DB

·
  • dbishop,
    Well, I'm going to give it a shot in a few days. I love scampi but have been woking mine all this time. It was an impressive presentation.[p]Mike

·
  • dbishop,
    I've been busy catching up on all the things I ignored while I was organizing the pnw fest. Pesky little things like applying for jobs, cleaning the house (still haven't done that), feeding the family. It'll take me a while to catch up. [p]Gwen

·