Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Spin, Pizza Dough Question For Ya

WudEyeDoo
WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First of all, thanks for your positive contributions to this forum. I probably wouldn't have tried pizza on the egg otherwise. It's one of those unexpected pleasant discoveries I have been experiencing since getting my BGE.[p]Regarding your dough recipe, my attempts have resulted in a crust that is a bit too heavy and crunchy for my families taste. What would you suggest I try to "lighten it up" a bit?[p]Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    WudEyeDoo,[p]I'm glad you decided to try pizza on your Egg as it is one of life's great pleasures.[p]The heaviness can be lightened by replacing 1/2 of the bread flour with all purpose flour. All purpose flour can be used to replace all of the bread flour.[p]If the crunchy texture of the finished dough is not a result of the cornmeal in the dough, then it is the cook that produces the crunchiness and not the dough used. I will need details of how you prep your Egg and conduct the cook to be able to offer a useful opinion.[p]There are lots of possiblities to improve your cook. Feel free to email me.[p]Spin
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Spin:[p]You think it could be he needs to make sure he has a couple of good rises and not so much the flour mix?

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    pizza6.jpg
    <p />I just want to add that 100% King Arthur flour has produced the best pizza crust for me. Are you listening, Mop?

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    djm5x9,[p]Absolutely. I would prefer to lighten the dough rather than lengthen the rise time (convienence only).[p]Another possibility is that the dough could use more kneading and/or a bit more moisture to it.[p]Spin