Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Helllllllllppp!

Options
PuppyBreath
PuppyBreath Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm egging four 6-8 oz. filet sections of arctic char (a salmon-like fish) tonight.
can i do those directly with and oil/lemon baste?
they're about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick... i have a wire basket that i can lock them in and flip them easily...
what heat should i use and how long should i leave them?
ThankYou in Advance...
Puppy

Comments

• PuppyBreath, your probably looking at 450 for 4-5 minutes per side . nice fish just be careful not to over cook . and yes you can use the oil and lemmon , just remember that fish is an oily fleshed fish already . reg

• PuppyBreath
    Options
    say reg, is that direct?[p]Pup

• PuppyBreath,[p]My approach to salmon is similar to reg's. Direct, 400ish, total of about 10 to 12 min.[p]I sprinkle both sides with a commercial spice mix (usually Prudhomme's Poultry Magic) and then let it sit in a puddle of olive oil for a couple of hours in the refrigerator before grilling. The resulting crust is one of the best things you'll ever eat.[p]Good luck, it's tough to mess up salmon. You're in for a treat however you cook it.