Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slow Drumsticks

Options
Flashback Bob
Flashback Bob Posts: 519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm thinking of doing some drumsticks low and slow this afternoon.[p]I think TRex did it with wings....2 - 3 hrs at 250, indirect.[p]I was thinking of going direct (either way they'll be hanging in the Wing/leg rack)[p]Have any of you done it like this and if so how were the best results achieved?
Thanks!

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Flashback Bob,
    i do them regularly at 245 dome indirect with a little cherry wood. but i usually do thighs. they are really good so just remember mistakes can be eaten...LOL[p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    20070826%20BBQ%20Chicken.jpg
    <p />Flashback Bob,[p]They are good that way. Probably 2.5 hr or so at 275.... I do indirect usually.[p]Man I need to cook some BBQ chicken.[p]Cheers...JerryD
    [ul][li]my web page[/ul]