Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Howdy All

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Getting my brine solution togather for my turkey breast and drinking a cold Grolsch,(great holland beer),down here in Texas. Cant wait for sunday!! Signed...... New egg owner,learning more every day thanks to this forum, and loving every minute of it.

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    GaryJ,[p]Cheers to ya and welcome to the family and forum.[p]Spin
  • GaryJ,
    You will enjoy the brined bird. And you have many more doors to walk through! [p]I enjoy Grolsch also, but still can;t figure out the green bottles that let beer-skunking light through. At least now they are putting it in cardboard covered 12-packs. Nothing like a fresh Grolsch!![p]Welcome to the group.
    Yuengling Black and Tan for me tonight!
    NB

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    GaryJ, IMO, brining is the way to go if you got the time. Its never failed me yet! ;) Welcome aboard and glad you are liking it now, cause it does get better. Heres a tip for you, attend 'any' Eggfest if you can :). Only makes it better.
    later,
    ChefRD

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    GaryJ,[p]Have fun with the bird and welcome.[p]Puj
  • Howdy GaryJ!
    Brining a turkey and even pork chops on the bge makes them taste better!

• Big Murth
    Options
    GaryJ,
    Welcome from your neighbor just north and west of you here in Nuevo Mexico. Just polished off a plate of Rudy's BBQ, as it was a late afternoon-evening Dad's Taxi kind of day, and we needed to eat...now. That Texas-style fare they put out ain't bad when time is tight, and the Egg is cold. Stay plugged in with all these Eggsperts for the best tips in the world! Big Murth