Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baked Bean Recipe needed

Options
egret
egret Posts: 4,170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for the baked bean recipe that had apple (I think) pie filling.......TIA!

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    egret,
    I don't have an exact recipe but if you use Bush's Baked beans and some BBQ sauce and throw either apple or peach pie filling in it...you can't go wrong.[p]If I had to guess at a real recipe i would say..[p]1 of the big cans (not the big no 12 commercial cans)drained
    1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (Lotta Bull's sauce comes to mind)
    1 can of peach or apple pie filling
    1/2 pound of bacon ('cause everything is better with bacon)

• JCinNV
    JCinNV Posts: 141
    Options
    egret, I don't can't post the link but Third eye post it on 5-26-07 (recipe review Hog Apple Beans) hope this helps J.C.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    egret, see if this is it:[p]Grilled Peach Beans

I made some BBQ beans yesterday with what I thought seemed like a strange ingredient. My neighbor saw the recipe on TV. It calls for a can of PEACH PIE FILLING. Strange I know but man they were tasty. I added a couple of chipotles for some heat.
    [p]Ingredients
    2 15-1/2 oz cans beans
    1 red onion
    1 red bell pepper
    8 strips of bacon
    2 chipotles with adobo
    1 15-1/2 oz can peach pie filling
    1 cup favorite BBQ sauce

Procedure
    1 Mix all ingredients and place into a cast iron pot.
    2 Cook uncovered on 350°F Big Green Egg for an hour.

Recipe Source
    Source: Posted by Bullet on June 05, 2006

[p]

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    egret,
    This is from J.C. in NV. post. Hope it works.[p]
    Regards,
    Bordello

[ul][li]Link[/ul]
  • egret,
    Here it is,~thirdeye~[p]
    Keri's Hog-Apple Baked Beans[p]3 or 4 slices bacon, diced
    2 (16 oz) cans pork and beans, mostly drained (modified to 2 28-oz cans
    Bush's Baked Beans - see note below)
    1/2 c. Blues Hog BBQ Sauce (or other sweet-spicy favorite)
    1 lb. smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, more or less, or 1 lb
    crumbled cooked pork sausage
    1 can apple pie filling
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/2 green pepper, chopped
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    2 Tbsp. Mustard (prepared)
    1 tsp chipotle or cayenne powder (optional, to taste*)
    1 tsp Blues Hog barbecue rub (or your favorite de jour)[p]Brown bacon, and saute onion and green pepper in bacon grease. Mix in
    remaining ingredients. Bake at 325º for 1 hour, or simmer on stovetop
    in large pot for 30 minutes if you don't have time to do them in the
    oven. Serves 12.[p]This recipe began life as APPLE PIE BAKED BEANS from somewhere on the
    web, but I think I've made enough changes to it now to claim it as my
    own. This is my standard for baked beans anymore.[p]*This is a rather spicy recipe due to the chipotle/cayenne powder. Feel
    free to leave it out if you'll be feeding those who prefer a less
    spicy taste.[p]Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time[p]

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Thank ya'll for your posts! Exactly what I was looking for! In fact, more than I was looking for.....that peach addition sounds great. I'm kinda leanin' towards that now, being a Georgia boy from the "Peach State"! In Thirdeye's recipe, it's not real clear about the quantity of beans! I'm thinkin' I'll "ping" him to clarify........

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    egret,
    I have one for GRAPE jelly. LOL Give me your order for Blues Hog if you need any. I think I'm bringing a trailer.[p]Mike

• Bambi
    Bambi Posts: 38
    Options
    egret,[p]The BEST baked bean recipe ON THE PLANET comes from Penzey's spice catalog. Just go on their website and scroll around for it. If can't find it on the site, then e mail PENZEY's and ask them to e mail it to you. They are very friendly folk there and their spices are superb. I'd know--I used to teach cooking and have used 'em all.
    I got their baked bean recipe out of their catalog in about year 2002 or 2003, if that helps. It's worth the effort. Good luck. Let me know if you find it.
    I have it somewhere but we moved recently and stuff is everywhere right now!