Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suggestions for Beef Round Eye

Options
RustyEgg
RustyEgg Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought a 4.5# beef round eye and I don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions on how to prepare and cook would be greatly appriciated.[p]Thanks,
Rusty "RustyEgg"

Comments

• Just Plain Mike
    Options
    RustyEgg,[p]Season the meat however you like, thinly slice some garlic cloves and "stick" them to the meat. Then wrap the meat with bacon and tie it up to hold bacon in place. Place it on the smoker indirect about 275-300 and take off medium rare. Let rest, and slice really thin. [p]I've done this a couple times and the meat has a lot of flavor. Make sure that you get it off medium rare and slice it thin and pour the "juices" back over the meat. I believe that if you fail to get it off in time, it would dry out and not too tasty.
  • RustyEgg
    Options
    Just Plain Mike,
    Sounds Delicious! I'll be putting it on this week.[p]Thanks,
    RustyEgg

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    RustyEgg,
    PIT BEEF! . .. coat the roast heavily with whatever rub you like (dizzy red eye express is great for this), set up egg at 375 degrees indirect. ..put the roast on. . .take it off when it hits about 130 internal temps (this is a pretty quick cook, may an hour to an hour and a half for one that size) ... let rest for about 20 minutes, then slice it very, very thinly (if you have an electric slicer that is best, for 'shaved' slices) ... serve on kaiser rolls with horseradish and/or bbq sauce and raw onions. . .a maryland eastern shore specialty. . .. [p]wess b also has a pit beef recipe (slightly different than mine but the result is the same) at his web site . ..www.wessb.com . . look at his recipe page under beef. ..[p]

• Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    RustyEgg,
    I did a bottom round roast today, I like them better, they have more flavor. I put my rub on and in the drip pan 2 cups of water and a boulinon cube with the spices that fell off the meat when I rub it. I cooked it at 350 pit.
    Internal temp at 130 degrees NO MORE THEN THAT it will dry out. When finished we had a nice gravy. Happy Egging and GOOD LUCK.[p]Dolphine1.jpg
    Pork Butt Mike

• amini1
    amini1 Posts: 105
    Options
    Pork Butt Mike,[p]Tough day for the Fins, Mike. We need help all over. It's so frustrating to watch mistake after mistake. It's like we're becoming the Jets.[p]Win