Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Digiorno pizza on the Egg.

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have always been the one to suggest to those posters to save it for the oven. I was the non believer.
But that has changed this evening. All weekend long fall lawn maintenance just took too much time and energy to want to get messy with cooking outside, and I wanted 2 eggs going, so I decided to try out the pies in the freezer along with wings going on the small.
I confess. It does taste a lot better on the egg then oven. That nice, crispy coal flavor it adds to the crust is simply awesome.
While homemade still remains the best, Digiorno has moved up in the ranks as a very good alternative!
ST

Comments

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    I agree with you completely. We have been hooked on doing them on the egg for a while now but we just tried the Ultimate Digiorno and it's even better. Something about the smoke in the crust is awesome! See ya in Atlanta???
    Judy

Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • otis
    otis Posts: 20
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Sounds like a great idea. How about posting some stats like temp and how long?

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Spring Hen,
    We did the stuffed crust version this evening. That crispy crust along with that cheese filing was awesome.
    You bet you'll see us in hotlanta!. Looking fwd to seeing you and leroy agaain!
    ST

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Otis,
    Directions say 400 for 15 minutes. I had the egg, with pizza stone and platesetter, closer to 500. Just keep checking after 10 minutes to make sure you dont burn the crust.
    ST

• Citizen Q
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    You are so creative with your recipes. I just can't wait for you to teach us how to cook up a smokin batch of frozen mac & cheese!

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Citizen Q,
    someone's tryna co-opt my rep as a major D.B.[p]fine with me!
    i enjoy your posts. by comparison, i look tactful![p](by the way. looks like the patriots were able to sneak into the charger's locker room after all. i dunno how they knew rivers was goona throw those interceptions. but they did.)

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike,
    Whaddaya mean? You don't think I'm tactful?
    Speaking of tactful, have you seen the actual video the Pats shot last week? Fred Smerlas put it best, the only reason they shot that video was to screw with Mangini's head. Instead of coaching football, he's spent the last 7 days crying about it. Bill Belichick just singlehandedly engineered at least 2 Jets losses, and ensured that the coaching staffs of every team the Pats face this season are going to waste ridiculously disproprtionate amounts of time trying to employ counter-espionage tatics when they should just be coaching football. Genius, pure genius. Now all they gotta do is openly aim an empty video cam at an opponents sideline to throw their entire gameplan into complete disarray. Thats what you call a smart penalty.[p]Oh, and I know I'm one of the biggest bitches about OT on the forum, but it's Todd's thread, so screw it.[p]Cheers,
    Sean