Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flat Iron steak recipe, please

Options
dblR
dblR Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any help with temp and time would be appreciated. A link would be great. I am having trouble finding anything in the archives. See ya'll in Atlanta.[p]dblR

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    dblR,[p]They vary on time a bit based on the thickness. I prep mine with a little prepared mustard, then DP CowLick and a little kosher salt.[p]I usually do them TRex style with a 2 minute sear at lava temps on each side, a 15-20 minute rest as the egg comes down to 400, then roast on a raised grid until the internal temp is to the desired doneness. I usually go to about 130 at the thickest part, and the thinner section is closer to 140, where my wife prefers it.

• dblR
    dblR Posts: 75
    Options
    Fidel,[p]Thanks for your advice, Never tried them before. I will Trex them. They are very thin; should not take long.[p]dblR
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Fidel,[p]I'm a little late, I'm sure, but I've found DP's Red Eye Express goes well on flat iron. TRex them and don't overcook.