Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

whole red snapper

eddy-turneddy-turn Posts: 36
edited 3:30PM in EggHead Forum
The more I cook on my egg, the more I'm asked to cook...[p]Latest is a whole red snapper.[p]Anyone with experience with eggin' whole fish, let me know what you've learned.[p]thanks,[p]eddy-turn
·

Comments

• bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    eddy-turn,
    Here's one from Max's babe that is pretty good.
    Bob
    Roasted Red Snapper with Rosemary
    Ingredients
    4 Tbs olive oil
    1 whole (3-pound) red snapper, cleaned, scaled
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 lemon, halved
    1/2 small onion, chopped
    1/2 small fennel bulb, chopped
    2 sprigs fresh rosemary
    1 Tbs chopped fennel fronds
    1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
    1 small garlic clove, minced
    Procedure
    1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
    2 Line a heavy large baking sheet with foil.
    3 Oil the foil and fish with 1 tablespoon of oil. Place the fish atop the foil.
    4 Sprinkle the fish cavity with salt and pepper. Squeeze 1/2 of the lemon inside the fish cavity.
    Fill the cavity with the onion, fennel and rosemary sprigs.
    5 Bake until the fish is just cooked through at the bone, about 40 minutes.[p]Sauce
    1 Meanwhile, squeeze the remaining lemon 1/2 into a small bowl.
    2 Whisk in the fennel fronds, rosemary, and garlic. Gradually whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of
    oil. Season the lemon sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.[p]Serving
    1 Using a sharp knife, separate the 2 fillets from the backbone.
    2 Using a metal spatula, transfer the top fillets to a plate.
    3 Lift the fish backbone from the bottom fillets (the backbone and head should come off together easily),
    and discard. Using the spatula, transfer the remaining fillets to plates.
    4 Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper. Drizzle the lemon sauce over the fish and serve.[p]Servings: 4
    Cooking time: 40 minutes
    Recipe Source
    Author: Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

·
  • bobbyb,[p]I'd like to do it without the foil. Whatya think?[p]thanks for responding,[p]eddy-turn
    ·
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    eddy-turn,
    If you use a clean, oiled grate, just put it directly on the grate. That's what I do with most fish. Now that I have a LR fish spatula, life is good.
    Bob

·