Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Wife Rocks!

Options
mb168
mb168 Posts: 265
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We got an XL BGE Labor day weekend and love it, we had been wanting a smoker and I fell in love with the BGE and in the week and a hal fwe've had i twe've already cooked ribs 3 times, a ham two nights ago, steaks another night, and ABTs on several of the same cooks. So since we liked it so much, and realizing how simple it was to light (we've been gassers forever) we've been thinkig how nice it would be to have another egg to cook at different temps while we were smoking on the big one, maybe a medium or small. It would also be nice to take it to some friend's pool parties that we go to frequently and blow them away with our new awesome ribs (friends are gassers too).[p]So today my wife goes out to visit her mom, 3 counties away and finds a hardware store/tack shop thats a BGE dealer and called to ask if I wanted her to pick up a plate setter. So I told her to grab one, a v rack, and an ash tool. [p]When she got home she backed up to the garage as I was spritzing apple juice on my ribs at the third hour (thanks CW Mike) and says to come help her, and she pops the back of the Jeep and there sits a medium BGE! They were on sale $100 off. [p]So in less than two weeks we've bought two BGE's and I guess we're getting rid of the old gasser that we had been talking about replacing with another gasser before the BGE craze hit. We're a two egg family already. Now I need one of those awesome outdoor kitchens some of you have....

Comments

• eggbasket
    Options
    mb168,
    YOU GOT IT BAD!!!! Join the club. Join the fun. You better book your flight to Atlanta today! You are prime for the Eggtoberfest! We went to a smaller fest in Omaha and besides having a great time, meeting fun people, we learned so much that we too want another egg!
    C

• mb168,[p]You know something? I have always (for 21 years) known that my wife rocks. But yours may come close to mine. Congratulations to us both for our ability or good fortune to marry up to them.[p]Colin

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    eggbasket,[p]I'm only about 4 hrs away in Savannah, and we had considered going north that weekend to the apple festival in Elijay, maybe hit both?? hmmmmm....
  • mb168,[p]Yes, not many wives out there like that. Congratulations.[p]BTW, does she have a sister?
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    mb168,
    I'm married and harmless, but, I'm open to you adopting me.[p]Nice choice in spouses.[p]Mike

• eggbasket
    Options
    mb168,
    All of these guys are coming forward about their rockin wives. I R ONE! :) Just ask my rockin hubbin!

• Dover_Gal
    Options
    mb168,
    A woman of good sense and finding bargains--isn't there something in the Bible about a price beyond rubies (which might be compared to glowing charcoal....)[p]We certainly didn't argue on the Small (I wanted a grill, I hate gas--no brainer) and the guy is now agreeing someday we may go with a second one because we're seriously considering the stove is maybe only good for storing egg-cessories in the oven. We had cooked for the week and it's been so nice to have great dinners all packed up when we get home AND taste like nothing we've ever been able to do.[p]The other fun thing is now we both cook on the weekend rather than just ONE of us having to do it all grumbling on Sundays. Becomes a family entertainment. [p]I can also say we use our deck more now--hot or not, we're out there checking on the egg and maybe smoking a cigar. I'm covered with mosquito bites but it's worth it.