Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

reuben

fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,671
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_1570.jpg
<p />last nights dinner from a pastrami i cooked over the weekend. cooked the pastrami while cooking a rack of ribs. used some good cheddar instead of swiss, never understood why swiss cheese exists, has no flavor that i can taste, maybe its just me.
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    fishlessman,
    You just helped me nail down my Thursday Night Football Menu! Thanks!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    fishlessman,
    That's because you have just been eating the holes, the solid part tastes lousy. I have never aquired a tast for it either, my wife loves it.

• 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    fishlessman, Wow that looks good. I did some pastrami a while back and it was pretty tough I used a corned beef I got at the store and soaked it the put on a rub I got here on the forum then egged it till about 165 internal. At what temp did you pull yours?
    Gerry

• fishlessman
    61 CHEV,
    i brought this one up into the 180's. it was a real small flat and it had a fair amount of fat which i left on. 18 hour soak then 5 cloves of garlic, alot of black pepper, richards indian river pepper blend which i think has a little coriander in it. 225 direct on a raised grill. i let the rub sink in on the counter for about 2.5 hours before cooking. this one wasnt tough, you do have to make sure to cut it 90 degrees to the grain which was corner to corner on the cut i had.

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman,
    Ah, Thousand Island...The Nectar of the Gods![p]Nice work![p]Mike

• fishlessman,
    Not all Swiss cheeses are created equal. From the supermarket, Kerry Gold (Irish) is the finest in the deli case and Cabot (Vermont) makes the best from the dairy case. All the others are pretty lame.[p]Cheers,
    Sean

• fishlessman
    Citizen Q,
    really like the kerry gold butter. place near my camp just started cutting cheese from one of those big wheels (cabot) on the counter, that stuff is incredible compared to the prepackaged dairy case cabots, i dont know what they do different with it, but it blows away the cabot hunters seriuosly sharp cheddar which is my go to cheese. ill try the kerry gold swiss, never relly liked provolone either til i tried some extra sharp provo from an italian deli near me, never even knew they had different sharpness to provo.. cheese takes time to learn

fukahwee maine