Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Time @ PA Eggfest!

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
1347613195_855c5fb1c3.jpg?v=0
<p />Got back a short while ago. Had a good time with some great folks. Wow I think this is my 1st Eggfest where I got to go home right
afterwards!
Todd Jr had a blast at his 1st fest!
Shotgun Fred posing. He cooked up a bunch of goodies, especially that Texas rice mix...
1347616461_411e5ae796.jpg?v=0
James and Robert Wilson. This father and son combo sure cooked up a storm..everything from pork, beef, pizza, ect. Following photos a well deserved rest.
1348505812_f95e2cbe92.jpg?v=0
1347613489_383b144148.jpg?v=0
1348509832_19e06e0b97.jpg?v=0
Greg and Kim. Cooked awesome corn dish, juicy turkey breast, and very tastey asparagus in sesame oil.
1347615097_87cfa324d8.jpg?v=0
Our host Karl from Woodburners and Greg shooting he breeze...
1348507594_b8329b65e8.jpg?v=
John "GrillMan" whipping up some Q for everyone to enjoy...
1347612943_4f14910946.jpg?v=0
Greg giving Todd his secrets on successful Q on newly purchased Egg,,,
1348507932_4756c00d71.jpg?v=0
My set up. Didnt get to take pics of finished ribs as they went fast
1347612141_d450239919.jpg?v=0
My SSN686 inspired bunt roll. Filled with cheese and smoke sausage...
1348510102_0b013a10fc.jpg?v=0
Jr taking a break from all the fun....
1347615395_ee305be506.jpg?v=0
Scene...
1347613839_f011f974a4.jpg?v=0
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Thanks for the update, looks like nice weather and lot's of fun being had by all.[p]-Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Great pics. Looks like you had a great time! Cute kid! How many people were there? How many hours did it last? Thanks.

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    Great shots! Looks like a good time. -RP

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Great photos! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Asparagus in sesame oil sounds soooo good. You have your name embroidered on a towel? LOL I want one of those![p]Looks like it all went really well.[p]I notice people have tablecloths on all the tables. Did everyone bring those or were they provided? [p]Gwen

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Big'un,
    Thanx:) He's 3 1/2 years now and we had a tough time keeping an eye on him as he wondered alot.
    Maybe about 60 people in all. Went from 9am to around 5pm.
    ST

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Dimple's Mom,
    Actually that is a fabric BBQ tool holder that the Lawn Ranger made. I requested that he make me a BBQ tool carrier and that came with a wooden carrier box. Holds 6 tools...can hold grid lifters, knives, ect...Comes in handy for travel.
    Eggheads brought their own table cloths.
    Was a very good time! Before you know it you'll be hosting your eggfest real soon!
    ST

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    Weather was great for Sept. A bit humid but we had the benefit of shade to block the direct sun.
    ST

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Looks like a good one. I need to get over that way sometime. I've got an aunt in the York area. Its been 2 decades since I've been to Gettysburg. Need to take the little man over to walk those hallowed grounds. He'll like the devils den if nothing else because of all the rocks to climb.

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    AZRP,
    Just so that you know that I was there 10 minutes before 9am.
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeee! LOL!
    ST

• AZRP
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    How did your ribs turn out? -RP

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    dhuffjr,
    I havent been to Gettysburg yet. Maybe one if these weeks I will actualy take a week off from work and not do house chores but see the sites.
    This one was real special for me since it was Jr's 1st. I tried to get him to help sauce ribs like your little one did in Omaha, but once I handed him the brush he just ran to the other kids to play. I think he even met a girlfriend today!LOL!
    ST

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Chubby must be giving yours lessons too! [p]LOL[p]H

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    AZRP,
    Compliments suggested they were good although I didnt get any myself. I really should have made more then 2 racks.
    Did the 3-1-1 honey/brown sugar foil method with Raging River. Some were surprised they tasted good using Raging River with spares. That stuff is more versatile then some may think. In my opinion that stuff tastes better on pork and chicken then it does on fish.
    ST

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Smokin' Todd:[p]Sausage/Cheese roll looking good. What type of sausage, looks like some large chunks? See you in a few weeks![p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• hayhonker
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Wow Jr. knows how to relax with the best of them. What a great time. Looks like people's homes in the background. Is the fest in a public park or something?
    Nothing like the Waldorf Fest I know too well.[p]Love your Table Cloth!

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Thanks for posting the pics Todd. Looks like it was a great day for the fest.
    Bob

• hayhonker
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    If you ever decide to go to Gettysburg, maybe you can give us a call. My wife led tours there for a few years, and I'm addicted to that Civil War rush. Would be a great time for our families.[p]Staying overnight in a tent is huge fun for the kids, since the place is haunted....

• StratoEgg
    Options
    Smokin Todd and company did a fantastic job today. Weather was perfect light breeze and shade trees. And with the event held right in front of Woodburners it worked out well.

I can vouch for the Sausage/Cheese Rolls... it was good.

A good time had by all.

Cheers,

Al
  • AZRP
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    I hear ya on didn't get a taste, in Denver we didn't get a taste of anything we cooked. I did some spicy shrimp in two batches, the second batch had people lined up taking them straight from the grill. -RP

• Dover_Gal
    Options
    AZRP,
    And they were VERY good, too. Nice shrimp. Good job.

• Dover_Gal
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Nice photo of the sausage bread--we saw it being rolled out but left to trek back to Delaware before it was finished. Nice job, all. Some outstanding cooks.

• AZRP
    Options
    dover_gal,
    So, you were there, eating my shrimp, and I didn't get to meet you and put a name with a face. Sorry I can't remember you, wish I could. That's why we are doing all these fests this year, to meet as many people as we can. -RP

• SkyRider
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, Hey Dude...saw your most "Eggcellent" pics of the PA EggFest...wish I cud have made it... Hope you can break free to make it back to Austin this year for TxFest...You ought to see Lake Travis...it is literally UP to the cooking area...can't park cars below the area anymore. Stay in touch...Howell

• Dover_Gal
    Options
    AZRP,
    We chatted! But I keep a low profile. You have the beard and the very pleasant wife, right? And the XL and won the small? Was that you? I was with a VERY tall blond guy (not the equally tall dark haired guy.) [p]Maybe at fests we need to put our "handle" on the tag. I didn't think of that.

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    SSN686,
    I smoked sweet italian sausage in a small then sliced and added cheddar cheese. Pretty good except I used pilsbury dough from a can. Hard to roll and couldnt spread like I wanted it.[p]ST

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    hayhonker,
    It was held on the front lawn of the Woodburners store. The "table cloth" is actually a fabric tool holder that came with a wooden carrier box that the Lawn Ranger made.
    Gettysburg sounds like alot of fun!
    ST

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    SkyRider,
    I can always find time to hang with Texans, especially those who have all the awesome Texas brew available!
    ST

• Smokin' Todd,[p]Nice pics, Todd. We got too busy to take any pics. Glad you had a good time, as was had by all. Great day, great food, great chefs, great music, and great friends to share it with. Thanks to all who came and participated. Hope to see you next year.[p]Karl & Linda Claus
  • AZRP
    Options
    dover_gal,
    I had my handle on my tag, pleasant wife, but no beard. -RP

• robotegg
    Options
    Thanks for the great pic's and being a great neighbor on Saturday. We had a great time.