Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stir Fry in BGE

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever done a stir fry in the BGE? If so, any suggestions?[p]John
·

Comments

• PainterPainter Posts: 464
    okeejohn,
    Here's one. Any stir fry done on the stove can, within reason, be done on the egg. No deep frying allowed
    Bob

[ul][li]veggie stir fry[/ul]
    ·
  • PdubPdub Posts: 234
    okeejohn,
    I have a small with the grate mates. A 12 inch wok fits nicely in the ring. I did a stir fry this weekend on it and it came out great. You can also use a wok topper, which comes out good too. [p]Paine

·
  • okeejohn,
    Yes, many of us use a wok on the Egg, some more than others. I haven't used mine in awhile.[p]TJV makes/sells an item he calls the spider that sits on the firering and provides a nice home for the wok.[p]I like to throw veggies in the wok after I've cooked the meat and it's resting. The big difference for me wokking on the Egg is that I need to pull the wok off as soon as I'm done or it starts to burn.

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,460
    IMG_1925.jpg
    <p />Flashback Bob,
    Ya beat me to that very response! Spider can barely be seen under the wok - both came from tjv for a very reasonable price!

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • okeejohn,
    i wok in the egg all the time. . .here are some pics from a recent ginger beef and fried rice stir fry'[p]IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1336.jpg

·
  • JDOTRJDOTR Posts: 85
    okeejohn,
    I frequently use a wok basket for veggies. I just sit the basket directly on the grid.[p]Here are some green beans I did last night.
    1339347588_6c5f736c54_b.jpg
    Wok grilled green beans, shitake mushrooms, red onion, and tomatoes. [p]
    Another cook...
    1243621631_692f6e0c42_b.jpg
    green onions, zucchini, nappa cabbage, shitake mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, bean sprouts, asperagus, anaheim chilies. [p]

·
  • JDOTR,
    Fantastic pictures

·
  • mad max beyond eggdome,
    How hot do you let the fire get? Bottom vent wide open? Halfway?
    Mike
    BTW just sent you email

·
  • JDOTRJDOTR Posts: 85
    Letts-Do-It,
    Thanks!

·