Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Stir Fry in BGE

Has anyone ever done a stir fry in the BGE? If so, any suggestions?[p]John

• PainterPainter Posts: 464
    Here's one. Any stir fry done on the stove can, within reason, be done on the egg. No deep frying allowed

[ul][li]veggie stir fry[/ul]
  • PdubPdub Posts: 234
    I have a small with the grate mates. A 12 inch wok fits nicely in the ring. I did a stir fry this weekend on it and it came out great. You can also use a wok topper, which comes out good too. [p]Paine

• okeejohn,
    Yes, many of us use a wok on the Egg, some more than others. I haven't used mine in awhile.[p]TJV makes/sells an item he calls the spider that sits on the firering and provides a nice home for the wok.[p]I like to throw veggies in the wok after I've cooked the meat and it's resting. The big difference for me wokking on the Egg is that I need to pull the wok off as soon as I'm done or it starts to burn.

• RRPRRP Posts: 16,775
    <p />Flashback Bob,
    Ya beat me to that very response! Spider can barely be seen under the wok - both came from tjv for a very reasonable price!

Dunlap, IL
  • okeejohn,
    i wok in the egg all the time. . .here are some pics from a recent ginger beef and fried rice stir fry'[p]IMG_1324.jpg

• JDOTRJDOTR Posts: 85
    I frequently use a wok basket for veggies. I just sit the basket directly on the grid.[p]Here are some green beans I did last night.
    Wok grilled green beans, shitake mushrooms, red onion, and tomatoes. [p]
    Another cook...
    green onions, zucchini, nappa cabbage, shitake mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, bean sprouts, asperagus, anaheim chilies. [p]

• JDOTR,
    Fantastic pictures

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    How hot do you let the fire get? Bottom vent wide open? Halfway?
    BTW just sent you email

• JDOTRJDOTR Posts: 85