Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stir Fry in BGE

Has anyone ever done a stir fry in the BGE? If so, any suggestions?[p]John
·

Comments

• PainterPainter Posts: 464
    okeejohn,
    Here's one. Any stir fry done on the stove can, within reason, be done on the egg. No deep frying allowed
    Bob

[ul][li]veggie stir fry[/ul]
    ·
  • PdubPdub Posts: 234
    okeejohn,
    I have a small with the grate mates. A 12 inch wok fits nicely in the ring. I did a stir fry this weekend on it and it came out great. You can also use a wok topper, which comes out good too. [p]Paine

·
  • okeejohn,
    Yes, many of us use a wok on the Egg, some more than others. I haven't used mine in awhile.[p]TJV makes/sells an item he calls the spider that sits on the firering and provides a nice home for the wok.[p]I like to throw veggies in the wok after I've cooked the meat and it's resting. The big difference for me wokking on the Egg is that I need to pull the wok off as soon as I'm done or it starts to burn.

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,874
    IMG_1925.jpg
    <p />Flashback Bob,
    Ya beat me to that very response! Spider can barely be seen under the wok - both came from tjv for a very reasonable price!

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • okeejohn,
    i wok in the egg all the time. . .here are some pics from a recent ginger beef and fried rice stir fry'[p]IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1336.jpg

·
  • JDOTRJDOTR Posts: 85
    okeejohn,
    I frequently use a wok basket for veggies. I just sit the basket directly on the grid.[p]Here are some green beans I did last night.
    1339347588_6c5f736c54_b.jpg
    Wok grilled green beans, shitake mushrooms, red onion, and tomatoes. [p]
    Another cook...
    1243621631_692f6e0c42_b.jpg
    green onions, zucchini, nappa cabbage, shitake mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, bean sprouts, asperagus, anaheim chilies. [p]

·
  • JDOTR,
    Fantastic pictures

·
  • mad max beyond eggdome,
    How hot do you let the fire get? Bottom vent wide open? Halfway?
    Mike
    BTW just sent you email

·
  • JDOTRJDOTR Posts: 85
    Letts-Do-It,
    Thanks!

·