Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Grilling Mahi Mahi

RichDTLCRichDTLC Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked up some Mahi Mahi to cook on the BGE this weekend. Any suggestions or tips on grilling it. Also, have shrimp, scallops and tilapia. Wanted a fish and seafood dinner this weekend. What would be a good temp to cook the fish and seafood at? The tilapia will cook quick as it is thin filets, the Mahi Mahi is thicker. Going to try some DP Raging River and Swamp Venom on the fish, shrimp and scallops.

Comments

• Rich DTLC,
    I have done Mahi Mahi at 325 a little lime juice DP Raging River. It was great!! Just don't over cook or it will be dry. Poke it with a finger and if it makes a dimpel it should be done if it springs back up not done. When it is opaque in the center it is also done.
    Good luck and happy eggin.
    Jim

• Jupiter Jim,
    I would follow Jupiter's advice on the mahi and tilapia,and use your scallops and shrimp on skewers with cherry tomato, and large pitted grren olives (or if you prefer, black) drizzle with a little garlic olive oil place on 400 grate cook 2 minutes turn and drizzle again cook until scallops and shrimp are firm and opaque.about 3 minutes

• Well the fish, scallops and shrimp turned out great. Did Ragin River on the Tilapia, and Mahi-Mahi, RR on part of the scallops and Swamp Venom on the rest. Did half the shrimp on skewers with garlic and butter, and the rest with butter and Swamp Venom. The SV really gave the shrimp a bite, but I like it hot. This is a meal we will do again.