Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Stone and Setter Learnings

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ever notice that the the most obvious things become evident later... :> I used the place setter and pizza stone...let the BGE get to 400...for about 5-6 minutes ...put the pizza on and waited and waited and waited...what a mess getting it off. I hadn't let the stone and setter get to 400 before I put it on...so I scraped off the stone with a spatula and since it should be at temp now ,I did another and the crust was unbelievably good. Oh well live and learn.
I have one question though, after prep of the pizza in the kitchen, what do you fix it on that allows for an easy transfer to the stone. Both that I made, stuck to the nonstick cookie sheet. Thanks for the help and the ear.[p]Dr. H.

Comments

• Dr. H, get yourself a wooden pizza peel (only 15-20 bucks). Sprinkle on corn meal and with a little practice you'll find how wonderful BGE pizza can be!

• GaDawg
    GaDawg Posts: 178
    Options
    kat,
    Also, "break" the pizza free with a quick side
    to side motion (similar to tossing dice), or,
    pick up a section of the dough and blow a bubble
    underneath it. One or both of these will unstick
    your pizza. In a worst-case scenario, use a second
    peel to sandwich and flip the pizza, flour or corn
    meal the bottom, flip again and cook.
    Chuck