Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer Butt Chicken

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wanting to cook beer butt chicken. I have the time and temps down pretty good. I'm looking for a overnight marinade or an injection marinade.[p]CWM

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    You do not need any marinade or injection. The ingredients in the can will more than do the job to make it moist and tender.

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    JJ's right...you don't "need" any injection or marinade with that liquid steaming up the innards of your bird. But... I have injected a few chickens for 24hrs. prior to my cook, and they came out great. At the least, do a liberal rub on the inside of the cavity, plus underneath the skin on the outside of bird, on the meat itself, trying not to tear the skin too much. If you want to rub the outside or glaze it with something, cool. By the way, I usually put a 1/2 to 3/4 of a bottle of beer in my chicken sitter, and with it about a 1/4 to 1/2 a medium onion, chopped, along with a couple of cloves of garlic, chopped also. Don't forget to keep a couple of beers handy while you're checking your cook, out on the patio!! Big Murth

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Big Murth,
    Thanks for the reminder of the couple of beers handy while checking the cook. That is the most important part and my senior moment kicked in at the wrong time. hehe

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Big Murth, The beers on the patio was the best advice. Chicken is going on in an hour beers down in a couple.[p]CWM