Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Meatloaf Recipe

Options
WudEyeDoo
WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Take a look at this recipe for meatloaf. It's really good. Only thing I did different was cook at 330 degree dome temp. to 170 degree internal meat temp.
[ul][li]Mike Harmon's Meatloaf[/ul]

Comments

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,
    Hey, thanks for the meatloaf recipe...plus getting the link to another Q-site (Outdoor Home.com)--it goes into my growing file of "need to cooks"---by the way, weren't you looking to do a pork tenderloin recipe recently? If so, what'd you cook, and how did it come out? Take it easy!
    Big Murth

• WudEyeDoo
    Options
    Big Murth,
    Yes, I cooked 4 pork tenderloins this weekend. This was my first attempt for pork t's. I took the nice and simple approach. No brine, no marinade. I just loaded them up with hickory and hickory molasses Charcrust. Cooked direct at about 350 degrees.[p]They turned out great! Juicy, tender. I was considered a genious chef {momentarily). [p]Week by week I am more satisfied with my decision to get my BGE. It is this forum that really puts the icing on the cake. This forum has been a lot of fun and incredibly helpful.
    Bob

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,
    Good meatloaf is not something you come across often. Great meatloaf is a once in a lifetime thing. And if you ever are ableto have Eggstaordinary meatloaf then you are an Egg person. Two years ago I had Cat's meatloaf at the Waldorf Eggfest. She had made two of them and had forgotten to thaw them but, "threw them on anyway"...sha had also made the Jimberry sauce to go on it. When she, quietly, took them off Mr. Egg I was standing there drooling in anticipation (having had her ribs a little earlier)of a taste. Excuse me Mr. Webmaster, but this meatloaf was FANF***INGTASTIC! Even my poor sainted Mother couldn't have haeld a candle to this manna. I've since offered to have her children. Cat is a great Egger, although a quiet one. If you haven't tried her ribs then you should. I've done them a number of times and every time I'm lucky to get a couple for myself. Even the rib haters love them!
    Try her meatloaf you'll love it!
    Carey

[ul][li]Cat's Meatloaf[/ul]
  • WudEyeDoo
    Options
    Sundown,
    That is definitely now on my list!

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,
    Hope you had some leftovers from that one, for killer sammiches. There's nothing like cold pork sandwiches, but I'll bet your company cleaned you out. Sounds like a great cook!!

• WudEyeDoo
    Options
    Big Murth,
    By the way, I forgot to mention the dipping sauce we had on the side: Bronco Bob's Roasted Rasberry Chipotle Sauce. It was surprisingly good. It has that sweet/hot thing going that added to the pork t's very nicely. Worth a try![p]