Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ChefRD: You done it again!!

Options
Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks again, ChefRD, for the great wings recipe, after my third cook of a great recipe! Made my own "Wing Time" style sauce, and this was the best ever. Just wondering if anyone else has some good recipes not previously posted, that would challenge CRD's creation? I'm almost afraid to try anything else after these wonderful results.
Big Murth
p.s. I'll be with ye all in spirit at Eggtoberfest!! Have a great time (and a few beers) for me!!

Comments

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Big Murth, thanks for the compliments and I'm glad you liked the wings. Experimenting is what creates new tastes. What was the sauce you made? (If you already posted it, sorry). Anyway, I've made the Puerco Adobo pork several times and I think it is about the best way to do a pork loin yet so thanks also for your sharing it.
    I will have a couple of beers for you in atlanta.
    (More if you wish, and julep too ;))
    later,
    ChefRD

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    ChefRD,
    A knock-off of the Wingtime style sauce that you see on the shelves. As I recall, it was:[p]6 garlic cloves, minced
    1/2-2/3 stick of butter
    12 to 18 oz. bottle of hot sauce (Crystal, Franks's, etc.)
    2 tablespoons) of white vinegar (recipe called for champagne vinegar)you can use red wine vinegar, too.
    1/4 teaspoon of cayenne[p]Melt the butter and saute the garlic and then add the hot sauce slowly, stirring as you go. Add the vinegar and cayenne, and keep stirring it all on a steady simmer for about 45 minutes. More cayenne and/or ground red chile powder if you want to ratchet up the heat quotient. Add a little more butter to thicken, more vinegar for additional tartness. It's all good. Not my recipe, but I can't remember who to thank, who had sent it along to me originally. Big Murth