Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

We found a cool cast iron pan for the small.... (pics)

Options
Pace Yourself
Pace Yourself Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang,[p]My wife brought this home Sunday and I can't wait to start blackening some food! The handle seems to work fine and she only paid $6.99 (quite the shopper she is...this was in the clearance section at Target)[p]It fits right on the spider from Chubby's iron works and should product some tasty treats. I will keep you posted.[p]ps - Is it wrong to think about cooking all day?
pss - How bout that gasket :) 2 months of use with plenty of pizzas and TRex'ed meat... There is almost nothing left and it leaks a little in the front and back. The punch line is that the food is getting better and better....[p]

100_1090.jpg[p]
100_1091.jpg[p]
100_1092.jpg[p]

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Pace Yourself,[p]If I wasn't still in Pizza Haze fron looking at Dobie's post...[p]I'd immeadiatly think...Blacken'd Fish..or Ribeye's!![p]Chef Paul P. has some good recipes!![p]Bacon n Eggs on there some chilly morning this Fall is a thought!![p]Corn Bread n Beans......the list grows........!![p]Nice price too!![p]Evans

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • DobieDad
    Options
    Hey Pace Yourself,[p]CALL me when you find deals like this![p]I mean, jeesh!
  • Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    Options
    Pace Yourself,
    I have something similar but I had to saw off the iron handle. I use mine at higher level to roast stuff like potatos and squash. Tip I found out the hard way is to line the pan with parchment paper. It makes the clean up a snap.

• Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    Options
    Pace Yourself,[p]Not bad - looks like it came from Target, if I remember my red discount tags correctly.. Am I correct?[p]I found the following Chargriller at Amazon:
    51778JKMTBL._SS400_.jpg
    [p]
    51T80RKKQ3L._SS400_.jpg
    [p]_jeeves
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Charbon,
    Why wouldn't you put things like potatoes and steaks right on the grill?[p]Gwen

• Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    Options
    Pace Yourself,[p]
    Thanks - I bought two of these puppies!

• Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    Options
    Dimple's Mom,
    I put steaks direct on grate. I haven't had much luck grilling potatos as they always get charred. If you slice taters and stand up in pan after coating with rub and oil they come out nicely roasted. Anything with egg, cheese, or tomato can be cooked in cast iron if you line with parchment paper.