Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Homemade Baked Beans and other musings from yesterday

TomCPATomCPA Posts: 82
edited 2:13AM in EggHead Forum
Okay, I forgot to take pictures because Mrs. TomCPA demanded I mow the lawn since I haven't done so in two months (it's barely rained out here in lovely central Maryland). Anyway, made some baked beans in my dutch oven on the BGE yesterday. After some major modifications to a recipe I found, I must say they came out pretty good. Mrs. TomCPA liked them and her sister and husband (both big pains in my neck) seemed to enjoy them. I just need to remember to keep stirring the pot and to use a thicker pot holder when I grab the lid next time.[p]My pulled pork turned out just fine. My brisket was better, though (thanks to the commercial grade meat slicer). Thanks for sharing your insights on temperature yesterday. I started keeping a log for future cooks so I know when not to panic.[p]Three weeks until my debut cooking for a Knights of Columbus event. I'm more nervous than Michael Vick at a PETA convention.[p]Tom

• RonboRonbo Posts: 90
    What Beans Recipe did you use? I have a simple one that I am constantly modifying[p]Glad all went well

• PdubPdub Posts: 234
    I did some beans this weekend also. I have done them several times before. This time I tried something new and removed the cover to get some of the smoke into the beans. They turned out really good. I will definitely experiment with different wood in the future. Pdub

• Ronbo,[p]I used one I found at I tried it on some friends and they seemed to like it. If you would like to exchange recipes, let me know.[p]Tom[p]
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,654
    <p />TomCPA,
    you need a bean pot, no stirring and you can put it in with the butt over night if you get the smaller sizes.