Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chop Questions

Options
WudEyeDoo
WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I grilled 2" pork chops for the first time. Wow! They were awesome! The fact that you can grill chops that thick, completely cooked (160 degrees internal), seared beautifully with nothing burnt, AND the meat juicy is quite a testimony for the BGE. My wife kept saying "I feel like I'm eating a steak".[p]Anyway, here are my questions: The side of the chop with the more tender meat is called what? What about the other side? [p]Bob

Comments

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,
    Same as a portehouse or t-bone, the tender side is the tenderloin, the other side is pork loin (sirloin). Just wait til you try the lambchops.

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,
    My wife and father say the same thing, "Better than steak!" and from old-school dad, that is quite a statement! I have had great success and compliments using Hickory-Molasses Char-Crust with these monster chops.
    Qfan

• WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Next time I think I will try the hickory molasses. I used the original hickory charcrust and it was great. When you want to impress someone with your BGE grilling prowess and you want to keep it simple, thick cut pork chops are a great way to go!