Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday's Egging Adventure

Options
Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Following the Alabama stomping of UTEP, I fired up the egg for my 25 closest friends. The first order of business was chicken wings, ChefRD/B~F spicy style. Not sure how many pounds I cooked, but as fast I could cook them, they were eaten -- none for the chef other than the 10 or so that I stole directly off the egg. Next, some smoked connecuh sausage, several pounds with hot mustard. Outstanding![p]Finally, burgers and brats.[p]I had the egg fired up from 4:30 until 9:00 and never left the deck, other than for refills. Everything received rave reviews, no surprise there.[p]Next time, I need to remember to take pictures as I go.[p]Roll Tide.[p]B~F

Comments

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Bama Fire, Sounds like you had a great time and i'm glad you like the wings. (I too like them 'really' spicy so I always have extra hot sauce on the side).
    My special weekend cook was a batch of red beans and rice per R&J's post on 10/2. Only thing I added was lots of lousiana hot sauce, 2tsp cayenne, some catsup. (doesn't everyone just have to 'fiddle' with a recipe :))
    I took most of it to work today and it was a hit and I was told that I can make more anytime. ;)
    Thanks R&J and isn't life grand?
    later,
    ChefRD