Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sausage making day

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 6:21PM in EggHead Forum
Going to Costco in a few minutes to get some butts and chuck. Going to make fresh Italian sausage, cured Italian sausage, and cured summer sausage. I'll smoke the cured sausage tomorrow. Should be fun, I'll take some pics. -RP

Comments

• dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    AZRP,
    Sounds good. Does it transport? Say...........to Atlanta? :>)[p]H

• dhuffjr,
    We met in Omaha. Did your Adobe chicken with rice and it was wonderful. Even did in the same dutch oven as you had. Great price.I wonder if AZRP could make some of the blueberry sausage that SSN 686 served in Omaha. I have tried to purchase some of the sausage in Florida but to no avail. I have an Italian friend that is going to try and make it. Minimum order is 50 pounds, anybody interested.

• AZRP,
    I pulled out some Italian Sausage for meatballs and browning the rest for pizza. Looking forward to the pics. I think I wil set aside a day next week for apple sausage. Going to try some blueberry as well.
    Would like to know more about the summer sausage.[p]Mike

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    David Letts,
    If you have the recipe, I'd be happy to make it for you. -RP

• AZRP,
    If you recall or had a chance to sample some from SSN686 in Omaha... it's what he brought with him from Florida. I have checked with the store and they don't ship, you have to pick it up at the super market. I don't have recipe but trying to find one. I thought the sausage was quite tasty.

• MR HMR H Posts: 109
    AZRP,
    I made some German summer sausage 2 days ago and just finshed stuffing them. They are in the drying room. After I take the salmon out of the smoker in go the summer sausages. This is a good weekend for sausage making.[p]Cheers
    Howard in bartow

• orion11orion11 Posts: 140
    AZRP,
    Oh yes, definately looking forward to the pics sir! Get some pics of the assembly process too, if ya read this in time. Have fun!!

Letts-Do-It,
    I missed it. -RP

orion11,
    Have you made any of yours yet? -RP

MR H,
    My feelings exactly. -RP

• dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    David Letts,
    Cool glad you enjoyed it. The price sure is right on those pots.[p]That sausage was a good breakfast thing I'd thing. Don't know that I could slather it with mustard and onions on a bun though.[p]H