Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What a great device!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What a versatile piece of equipment! Started baked potatos at 350 and when close moved them to the warmer...my old expensive propane bbq...then quickIy moved the temp to 750 degrees...cooked a 2 1/2' top sirloin (marinade pepper and spice throw together what I had 3 hours) for 2 minutes per side dwell 9 minutes. I love filet mignon done well...but this was the finest steak that my family and I had ever eaten!...and this was the first steak that I had done on the BGE! The information that you guys and gals give out has been extraordinary. Thank you. I also appreciate the love that you and I share for this great country.[p]Yours,[p]Dr. H.
USAF 1971

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Dr. H.,[p]I think you will find that most here on the forum agree. For me the BGE is what I was looking for when I purchages an expensive gas grill. What I found is that spending more money on a gas grill did change the taste. It still tasted like a gas grill. Now I own 2 eggs and love to cook for friends and family![p]Smokey